Mrs. Johnston’s Third Grade class annually participates in a service project that teaches students about their world and the difference they can make within it. The service project is done in collaboration with Capri-Sun.
Mrs. Johnston writes: “The third grade would like to thank everyone for their help in recycling Capri-Sun juice pouches. All year, we have collected, pulled straw papers off, rinsed, and packed juice pouches for shipping. We earned over 18000 points!”
The third graders used their points to support the work of the following charities:
– Clean Water Organization which helps provide water to 17 developing countries
– Feeding America to help with hunger in the United States
– Carbon Fund.org which supports projects to reduce carbon in the atmosphere
– National Wildlife Federation to protect wildlife land in our country
– Heifer International to provide geese, chicks, and honey bees to needy families
You can check out all of these organizations and get more information about our recycling program at Terracycle.net.